Friday, March 19, 2010

The Shot Given by You(October 13, 2009)

The Shot Given by You
October 13, 2009
(I think this one is my favorite :])

It was worth the shot,
till it ricochet back at my heart.
I only saw you for a split second,
till the bullet hit home in my heart,
the heart you had planned to keep.

I didn't see the damage that would be caused,
caused by the shot given by you to me for protection,
in-case I needed you.

You said this time would last.
There wouldn't be an explosion,
there wouldn't be a blast.

It was only a dream,
it ended when I awoke,
awoke to see the reality,
the truth,
that wasn't you,
because you are the lie.

I was taken to the ER,
with little blood,
all of it drained when the shot took place,
took its place where you planned to stay.

I managed to live,
they gave me more blood,
this time I'll keep my distance.
Never go by you,
never see your face the same,
the face I barely saw before the time,
the time that was almost my end,
in other words,
the shot given by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment